DINNER: Spicy Creamy Cheesy Pasta! Deeeelish and guess what? 100% Vegan. No dairy and no gluten! Found the recipe on almostrawvegan.com, but tweaked it some since I like spicy and I wanted to add more veggies. Enjoy!
• 1 box of some gluten free, flaxmeal and quinoa penne pasta I got at Whole Foods
• 1 cup raw cashews (bag from Trader Joes)
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1/4 cup almond milk
• 3 Tbsp salsa (I used a spicy chunky salsa from Trader Joes. Fresh stewed tomatoes works just fine!)
• 2 heaping Tbsp’s of nutritional yeast (I got this from Whole Foods. The brand is Braggs).
• 1 tsp chili powder
• A mix of Himalayan sea salt and fresh lemon salt and peppercorn (both from Trader Joes)
• 1 tsp red pepper flakes
• 1/2 red onion chopped
• 1/2-1 bunch kale, chopped (I was very generous with the kale)
• 1 cup of fresh broccoli
• 1 red bell pepper
1. Prepare Pasta:
Cook pasta using package directions – bring water to boil, place pasta in the pot, turn down to MEDIUM heat and stir the pasta frequently for about 6-8 minutes.
Drain and rinse it. Pour EVOO to prevent sticking, set to the side.
2. Spicy Cashew Cheesy Sauce:
In blender (I used my Nutribullet) add: cashews, salsa, garlic, spices, almond milk, nutritional yeast, and mix.
Blend until smooth. You may want to add more/less almond milk for desired consistency.
3. Prepare vegetables:
In skillet, heat 1 tbsp EVOO.
Add onions and desired spices, sauté for few minutes (I appreciate my onions cooked).
Add kale and stir-fry until desired consistency and crispness. Then add bell peppers, broccoli.
4. Mix it all up, mix it, mix it all up!!
Toss pasta with Spicy Creamy Cashew Sauce. Add vegetables and toss well.
My name is Mrs. Francine, I’m a 53 year old high-school music teacher, and I love your YouTube videos. The problem is, I can’t play them for my students because they contain too many bad words. Would you consider making a fast rap video for my students, to inspire them to be great? With no bad words?